Monday, March 12, 2012

Adjusting

My body is still adjusting to the exercise I'm doing. Yesterday was my day of rest. Mon - Saturday I'm working out to Leslie Sansone's Power Mile and Walk Away the Weight. Currently I'm doing 2 miles a day with the intent of increasing to about 4 miles a day over time. Last week our cheap version of the Total Gym arrived. For now I'll be doing the TG workout 3 times a week. Eventually when I have learned all the moves I will divide up my work out so that I work the upper body and arms one day then the legs and lower body the next in order to rest the muscle groups appropriately. My weight has continued to climb due to muscle soreness and fatigue. So I will be doing 3 correction days in a row Monday through Wednesday in hopes of getting my weight back down before we leave for our birthday/anniversary trip. I feel great. My energy level is fabulous in spite of the tenderness in my muscles.

It ought to be easy for me to stick to the CD's this week because life will be VERY busy. Hubbies job will be changing from an office job where he is also on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week to a work from home and travel to various colleges job. They already have him doing some traveling while he still manages the help desk 24/7. This week he is traveling. We will be emptying out our storage room into the storage garage which is a few miles down the road. My big project these next 3 days is to get the storage room completely empty so we can paint it and turn it into an office for him. While I'm emptying the storage room I'm going to make sure that the summer clothes tubs are organized and easily accessible at the storage garage, as well as do any other organizing that needs to be done.

The kids and I have to adjust to managing the farm, school, and a new routine while Phil is gone. My big goal this week is to have harmony in the home. I want to try to keep all my ducks in a row so that I am not stressed when the kids are here. This means I'm working on developing better routines for everything from preparing meals to packing lunches and keeping up with the laundry. I want to be able to manage the home in such a way that it will promote a sweet spirit in me so that I can display Christ likeness to the kids. I have a tendency to get stressed and I do not want to take that stress out on the children. So we would covet your prayers while we start to get used to having hubby travel more. I will need to juggle not only the farm and household responsibilities but the emotional, physical, and spiritual needs of the children while he is away.  So forgive me if the blog is neglected from time to time.

I hope you have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. I understand the stresses of Dad being away from home ... I'll be praying, Shirley!

    I'd love to hear what you do for correction days. I didn't realize that you can do multiple correction days is a row.

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck with all that home organizing Shirley! It's very tough to juggle the children and all your work that you do so sending prayers your way. Lots of positive thoughts to you for your correction days also. You're doing great! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirley, we miss you!! Please let us know how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so can relate to this. While I don't have a farm to care for, I do have four small children and a husband who is in the military and frequently deployed or out of country on assignments. It is tough to be in charge of a household and children by yourself. I have so much respect and awe for single parents. I too am constantly seeking for ways to teach my children about Christ's love and how we can have that in our home and share it with others. I think you hit the nail on the head with it starts with you. Kind of like the saying, "If mama isn't happy, aint no one happy."

    One thing that has helped me, and I am sure you probably already do this, but each child sets out their clothes, shoes, backpacks, gathers homework, etc. the night before. I also make their lunches the night before. They have to be on the bus by 7 a.m. so we try to keep our mornings as simple as possible so they aren't having to wake up at the crack of dawn.

    I also have a family binder where I keep all the household information like grocery lists, important phone numbers, etc. Each child has their own folder where I keep important docs. lesson and activity information, health records, teacher contact info, etc. I also keep a family calendar in my binder. Each Sunday we sit down for a family council and run through everyone's schedules for the week and consolidate them onto one calendar. I am prone to being forgetful so I keep a copy in my binder, one posted on the fridge, and then I also transfer it to my calendar on my iPad.

    You are amazing and I am sure that you'll have a beautiful schedule figured out in no time. Love your blog and appreciate all your great tips. I just started R2P2 a few days ago and am hoping to lose the last 10-15 pounds for good. I will be praying for you and hope to hear how your journey is going as time permits. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete