Thursday, March 1, 2012

Round 3 Phase 3

Over the past few days I have finally transitioned into phase 3. I'm so glad to be done with this round and so thankful for the 88.8 pounds I've lost thanks to hcg over the past year. This was a really tough decision for me to make but there are a few things that contributed to my decision to end this round.

1. I was really struggling with hunger and thus keeping my head in the game. I found myself cheating often which resulted in 3 weeks of my weight fluctuating from 146-150.
2. I started spotting for TOM on Sunday and really did NOT want to do another 2 weeks of the VLCD/hcg in order to end AFTER TOM.
3. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror on Tuesday and realized that my chest FINALLY sticks out further than my belly.... first time that has been the case since pre-children 16 years ago! I realized that I looked good and can easily be content with this new smaller me. My body still has many problem areas, but I think it is time to just settle in to this weight.
4. My absolutely wonderful husband showered me with compliments and kisses on Tuesday when he got home from work which helped to confirm that the me that I am now is a good sized me. LOL! :-)

My last dose weight is 146.2 and I've stayed very close to that the past few days with the exception of today. My weight jumped to 149, which was NOT surprising because TOM decided to join me full force in the night. It will go back down within a day or 2.

I've struggled with "whats next"?? After much debating with myself I've decided that it is time to simply settle into me. So I'll enjoy my phase 3 and continue to research JUDDDing (Dr. Johnsons Up Day Down Day Diet)and the Leptin Rx. I have lab work scheduled for April 7th at which time I'll get an update as to how my thyroid is adjusting to this new weight. If my t3 is still way off.. .I may give the Leptin Rx a try. If it isn't I'll continue with phase 3 style eating until I'm ready to do something about these last 10 pounds. Hubby bought us a "Total Gym" so we will be starting to tone up once it arrives. It is very possible that once I start exercising that 145ish might just be the perfect place for me.

I think one statistic that is the best about this hcg journey is that in just 145 dieting days, which means 145 VLCD's I have lost about 89 pounds. That is an average of  .6 pounds a day. That is really GREAT!! I'm so thankful that my VLCD days are over as I really do enjoy phase 3 eating! Now I can indulge in our abundant cream and lovely yellow butter. Today I made a stirred cream custard from our cream and about a dozen egg yolks that I had as a result of eating that egg bread the past couple days. The custard tastes amazing!

Oh... and to help myself control my addiction to Coconut Manna... I melted down 2 containers, added about 1 cup of coconut oil to each container, then measured out 1 tablespoon portions into tiny muffin papers. It is easier for me to grab just one and let it melt in my mouth, rather than sitting with the entire jar in front of me and eating spoon after spoonful  (BAD BAD BAD!!). I plan to make some homemade coconut manna sometime this week, then some lovely CM lemon truffles.. if I find a recipe that works well I'll be sure to post it!

Final Stats:
February 14, 2011 - 235 pounds
February  25, 2012 - 146 pounds
Clothing sizes: 20 pants to loose classic 8 & loose skinny 10's. Tops XXL to Mediums and some smalls. Dresses 20 to size 10 or 12 depending on cut. Skirts size 20 to size 10's and some 8's.

I started my weight loss journey with a goal of weighing 155... and reached 146. YEAH!

To celebrate my weight loss and 40th birthday I'm getting a 30 minute massage AND a "Morning Coffee Ritual" at a spa in Sheboygan. I'll be pampered for 2 hours... then out to lunch with hubby. I've been putting a little money aside for the past couple months to save up. I've never had a massage before nor a body scrub, wrap, and oil application. I'm hoping that maybe for the first time in my life... I might just be able to .............Relax! :-)

Thanks so much for following my journey and I hope you stick around while I continue to post about our weight maintenance, health, and lots more nutrient dense recipes!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulatuions Shirley! You have worked so hard and I am excited for you to have reached your goal and even surpassed it! Thank you for being an inspiration and cheerleader to the rest of us. I am truly so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Shirley, i have been following you all the way. I hope you keep up The blog because i will need a ton of help and inspiration to maintain my weight loss. I know you will have some good ideas!:))

    ReplyDelete