Friday, March 2, 2012

Phase 3 day 2

So... I've been enjoying my first days in phase 3. My favorite indulgences include coconut oil, coconut manna, green smoothies made with whole milk kefir, hamburger topped with a fried egg dripping in butter, Greek yogurt with a dab of berries and vanilla cream stevia, green beans with slivered almonds, whole milk kefir with vanilla cream stevia, creamy peach ice cream, pulled pork, and CREAM in my coffee!

This morning I did a Leptin Rx style protein and fat loaded breakfast. I ate 68 grams of protein for breakfast. I was not hungry until later in the afternoon. I'm going to do it again tomorrow simply because I like the appetite suppression. I am struggling a bit with eating TOO much just because it tastes SOOO good to be eating again. My big goal is to cut back on my desire to sample all my favorites because.... .they aren't going anywhere... I will be able to eat them little by little over the next weeks, months, and years! It is funny how after 3 rounds my big indulgences include things like coconut manna, coconut oil, cream, kefir and Greek Yogurt etc. Not cookies, cakes, chips, and bread. :-) BUT the wonderful nutrient dense foods I crave are VERY filling so I have got to cut back on my portions and find the right balance for me. 

I have also started my work out routine. Right now I'm walking 1 mile a day to Leslie Sansone's power mile. Once my body adjusts to that power mile I'll do 2 miles. It think it will take a week or 2 before I increase my work out. I'm a little bit sore... but not too bad. I expect my weights to fluctuate quite a bit this week due to the exercise and TOM.. which is still slow in coming. I intend to work my way up to 4 miles a day. As soon as our "Total Gym" arrives I will start a toning work out too. My intention is to work a different set of muscles each day so each set will have a 2 day break between work outs. I'm not exactly how this will work yet.. I need to to some more research on how to do that type of a workout routine and the gym come with a work out video that I'm hoping will help me to formulate my plan. From what I've read, it is very good for women to lift, especially for our endocrine health.

I've also started using an MSM cream on my prune belly daily. The stretch marks are already starting to fade, but the prune like wrinkles will take a while to shrink up. I've carried six lovely babies and maintained my blubber for 6 years past the last ones birth. In one year I lost all that baby weight plus another 29 pounds... so I expect it will take many months for my tummy, hips, and thigh skin to shrink up to fit my new size.

1 comment: