Saturday, February 25, 2012

"Fried" Egg Sandwhich: Phase 2 Recipe

Ok... by day 52 the VLCD foods are REALLY boring!! LOL! So today I was reading on an hcg forum and they were all talking about "egg bread". Dr. Simeons tells us we can use eggs occasionally, 3 egg whites and 1 whole egg so we get a complete protein with only a little fat. I used them one time my first round and not at all my second and have not tried them yet this round. People seem to have mixed results with them, some gain, some continue to lose well with them. The gals on the forum I was reading said many of them ate eggs often on phase 2 and never saw any issues with their losses. So I decided to give it a try... but was REALLY wanting an egg sandwich so this is what I came up with.

Egg White Buns

3 egg whites
1/8 tsp cream of tarter
pinch of salt.

1. Beat all ingredients until stiff in a clean bowl.
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Make 2-3 blobs depending on the size of your eggs.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 10 minutes until slightly browned.
4. Peel off and use as a "bun" for vegetables, or wrap around your fruit. OR fry your whole egg and put it between these buns for a FABULOUS fried egg sandwich!
5. NOTE: you must also eat a whole egg, so the whole egg can be cooked up with your vegetable for that meal if you don't want it "fried" on top.

Fried Egg Phase 2 style
To prepare the fried egg without oil. Put a nice layer of water in the bottom of a skillet. Heat at medium/high until nice and hot. Crack egg into pan and allow to cook for about 1 minute. Then cover with a lid so the top will cook a little too. I found cooking the egg this way was perfect! The inside was beautifully hot and runny and between the two egg white blobs... I was in egg sandwich heaven... I realized afterwards that I forgot to put mustard on the "bun"! LOL! I had planned to but my egg looked so glorious on top of the fluffy white bun I had to take a bite! YUMMY!

I steamed my asparagus to go with the egg sandwich. So I used the asparagus water to "fry" my egg in... it was glorious! 

Hope you have success with it if you chose to give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment