Tuesday, January 15, 2013

VLCD9 -- Beware of the FAT!

This morning I was reminded of what Dr. Simeons states in the Pounds & Inches manuscript about touching fat while on the VLCD. I weighed in with a GAIN! Why? Last night my littlest came to me with two huge dry skin patches on his backside that really hurt. They were red, cracking, and looked very painful. So I grabbed my coconut oil and slathered him up. I would have had him do it but we were down to the bottom of the jar and it was on the windowsill which made it cold and hard as a rock. I had to work at getting out a small chunk to use on him. I washed my hands afterwards, but knew that it might cause a gain or stall and it did. I'm not disheartened by it, because today was a GREAT day! I had no hunger but was a little empty feeling by the time we finally ate dinner at 7:00 due to our son's basketball game. It has only been a few days of taking the shots but I am really enjoying not waking up hungry and not going to bed hungry. I pray this will continue throughout the round as it makes it much easier to keep my head in the game.

Each day I come home from working as a substitute teacher I'm even more appreciative of the teachers and staff at our local school. I'm really enjoying getting to know them and the students of all ages in our community. I think subbing is the BEST!! I get to go and spend the day with the kids and come home without having to grade papers or worry about what to do the next day. This free's me up to spend my evenings doing what I need to do with the kids and in the house. I've been really busy lately working 2-3 days a week or more, which for me is alot. It is really working out well though because on the days I don't have to go into the school I get caught up on cleaning and laundry. I'm especially thankful that my first two weeks on the VLCD I've been needed a lot at school. Staying busy helps me to keep my mind off the fact that I'm eating very little. Isn't it true that when we are bored we tend to grab food??? Maybe not for some people, but I can be a stress and bordum eater. Of course, on the VLCD one cannot eat anything off protocol or it causes gains, but it takes a while for our minds and bodies to settle into a new habit, a habit that I believe is more controlled, balanced, and healthy. They say it takes 21 days to form a new habit. A short round of hcg is 21 days of the VLCD, and a long round 40 days, both give us time to adjust our thinking and habits so that we can make permanent changes for long term maintenance. It is a good thing!

Hope you VLCDer's out there are having a great week too!

No comments:

Post a Comment