Thursday, February 23, 2012

Round 3 VLCD 51

Today I was down 1.2 which leaves me at 147.2... cheating NEVER pays. Hopefully tomorrow will see me in new territory or at the very least where I ended before I fell off the wagon! :-)

I'm feeling GREAT again today!

Started my day with a green smoothie. I drank 1/2 of it then put the other half in a mason jar filled to the tippy top and capped it. I was told that it is REALLY important to have as little air as possible in the jar so the nutrients won't be damaged while waiting for me to drink up the Yummies! Then put it in the fridge for lunch. I drank it and had my wasa toast for lunch. I'm struggling with hunger which I believe is a result of the cheating. :-( I'm hoping the hunger will pass soon... I've been hungry daily for the past 2 weeks... not fun! BUT this if my first week back on track so I hope it will pass soon, kinda like week 1 of the VLCD at the beginning of a round. I'm drinking lots of blueberry slim life tea and peppermint tea (with chocolate & vanilla cream stevia.. YUMMY).

Yesterday and today I wanted/want meat. Last night I had 100 grams of chicken over lettuce with my grassini as "croutons" and tangy mustard dressing. Tonight I will have 100 grams lean round steak with asparagus.  I'm hoping that by doing only 1 green smoothie a day and 1 real protein source that my losses will be better than a typical vegetarian who only has the dairy or protein powder for their protein sources. Dr. S says they lose at 1/2 the rate of those who eat meat.

I'm still taking it one day at a time....and I'm ok with that!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Shirley, we dont know one another but I feel like you know you well thanks to your interesting and honest blogs. I read them daily. I too am am member of the Yahoo HCG Dieters group and first saw your posts there. I live in Wisconsin as well and used to have a farm. I too am doing R3, in my final few days. I was concerned about your going into a PI after working so hard for so long to get where you are. I dont know about you, but I think this plan is extremely easy and extremely hard at the same time. The rewards are fast and fantastic but you really have to have an iron will to follow thru and stick with it. Kinda feel like it is a plan that is mostly in your mind. Its hard to be hungry, to limit yourself to so few foods and so on without really wrapping your brain around it. Most cant do it. The first time I did it (Spring 2010), I lost that 35lbs I picked it over the years, then a short course last summer to trim the thighs that had reappeared. Same thing this time, dropping that nagging 10 lbs that accumulates on my thighs and backside. What you have done is nothing short of miraculous. Especially when so many of your family members are in different rounds, different meals. Reading your post yesterday finally prompted me to write you. I can't imagine doing a PI,it would break my concentration and my will and I would be in real trouble trying to get back into it. I know you are very close to your ultimate goal. I know you are struggling with whether to continue. I reached that same place last summer when hunger and cravings cropped up without warning near my final days. I ended up cutting it short by a few days and was so happy I did. The struggle was making me miserable and undoing alot of the good things I was feeling. I think you are very body aware, like me, you only eat real, whole foods and I think when your body is telling you in so many ways that you have reached a turning point, maybe its time to follow those clues. This is just my opinion, but if I was you, I would move to P3, would follow it carefully and when done continue to do the things that will keep your work in place. I lost an additional 10 lbs between R1 and R2 over the next year. I love the HCG plan, and have cut my carb intake down to a fraction of what I used to eat and it works so well for me. I start P3 next Friday, and already I am having whipping cream dreams, last night I dreamnt that I cheated and ate a whole bowl of it ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb thank you so much for sharing your story and for the encouragement. I am thinking my round will end shortly.... you'll know when it happens... You'll probably hear me dive into a POOL of cream. LOL! :-) I wish you the very best ending to your hcg journey and many successful years enjoying your healthy food balance!! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete