Friday, February 24, 2012

Round 3 VLCD 52

Today the scale was friendly with a -1 loss. I weighed in at 146.2 YEAH! BUT I was hungry for most of the day yesterday. I'll see how things go today. With such a great loss it makes me want to continue on a couple more days... BUT I'm really tired of being hungry. I changed my dose last night and this morning, we'll see if it helps. I've been drinking 1 gallon of water, 2 quarts of 1/2 & 1/2 coffee, AND 2-3 cups of hot tea throughout the day in order to try to keep the hunger at bay, to no avail. I guess my big struggle is that when I look in the mirror I SEE abnormal fat still... so I don't understand how the hcg could be telling me that all the fat is gone. Yet I've heard over and over for the past year that sometimes our idea of "goal" weight is very different than what a REAL goal weight should be for us. AND I have to keep in mind that I AM at a normal BMI for my height.... I know I keep saying that... but seriously... I have to continue to give myself permission to move on if that is what is best for my body..... and I have to get to the point where my thoughts and emotions are ok with whatever that Last Dose Weight is. I know it may sound silly to those still in the midst of their weight loss journey. But for me... to weigh in the 140's IS an absolute miracle. I never imagined I'd ever see that number on the scale, so I have to realize how far I've come and what a great place my body IS at. AND I have to stop obsessing over a "dream weight", and be willing to stop if it is best.

Sorry..... my rambling thoughts are probably driving you nuts and your shouting... JUST STOP ALREADY SHIRLEY.... well... maybe in some small way my struggles with the conclusion of this journey can be a blessing to you as you continue on through yours. And if anything I hope that you see that even "skinny" or people at goal sometimes struggle with the fact that they have reached the finish line.. even when the finish line was different than they had anticipated.


So, I'll continue to take it one day at a time.

Shirley: VLCD 52: Total round 3 loss: -26.4, Total NEW loss: -9.2, Total Hcg Loss: 88.8
Hubby Maintaining within 3 pounds of his LDW.
Teen Daughter solid as a rock again staying within 1 pound either side of her LDW. 
Teen Son.... struggling and gaining.... we continue to pray that he will find a balance and realize that food is fuel not simply for pleasure.

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment