Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Why the hCG protocol?

My hcg protocol weight loss journey began in April 2011. I had already been working on losing weight because my blood pressure was VERY high, like 220/110 most days. I was struggling with feeling dizzy, and simply weird. I was so fat, miserable, depressed, and basically hated my physical body. I remember telling my husband that I felt like if I didn't lose weight I would die. So I read the book, Eat Fat Lose Fat by Dr. Mary Eing and decided to try the recommended health recovery diet in that book. I had been doing the Eat Fat, Lose Fat diet for health recovery for about 6 weeks when I happened upon an article written by Dr. Mercola about the hcg protocol. Dr. Mercola was not convinced of the efficacy of the hcg protocol. His conclusion of the protocol was that he wan't sure if people lost weight due to the low calorie diet alone or if the hcg actually helped with the process. I read many of the comments that people left about their success with the protocol which stirred up a desire in me to figure out what this protocol was all about.

I had going from 235 pounds to 220 in 6 weeks doing the EFLF diet, but the majority of that weight was lost in the first two weeks. I had been at a stall for 2 weeks and was miserable on that diet. I was discouraged because I was sticking to the recommended foods and not losing any weight. I knew I could not continue forward with that diet losing at a snails pace.

So, I began to research the hcg protocol. My search led me to several sites that sold homeopathic hcg. I bought a bottle from one of the sites which gave me a link to the protocol manuscript entitled: Pounds & Inches. I read the manuscript in a day and was convinced that I was ready to try it. Even IF I didn't lose any weight, it was worth a try. I had already tried Weight Watcher 3 times, would lose 20-30 pounds only to get discouraged because my losses would slow to a snails pace, give up and gain it all back. While waiting for my homeopathic hcg to arrive I purchase the book by Kevin Trudeau, The Weight Loss Cure. The book arrived within a day of receiving my homeopathic hcg.

I was nervous about telling my family and friends about this protocol because it is SO low fat and restricted with it's food allotment. I am a believer in the need for real foods, lots of healthy fat, veggies, fruits, properly prepared grains, etc and this low fat diet went against everything I believed for optimum over all health. I was so desperate to no longer be obese that I had to give it a try anyway. While reading KT's book I was so excited because he puts an organic whole foods slant on the protocol that made me realize that I COULD do this diet. The way our family ate was according to the phase 4 stipulations that KT wrote out. So I figured that 40 days of no fat wouldn't kill me. I worked up the nerve to tell hubby and was so thankful that he was willing to support me in my effort to try the protocol.

I have since learned that KT's book has many off protocol suggestions and that the best way to have success with the hcg protocol is to follow the instructions in the original Pounds & Inches Manuscript by Dr. Simeons. I found a yahoo group that offered excellent honest support, as well as a copy of the manuscript that does not have any alterations. You can find a complete copy of the manuscript in the files section of this yahoo group:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/HcgDieters/


Another GREAT yahoo group that offers protocol support and great nutrition information is:



If I've peaked your interest at all I'd recommend that you join the group and read the protocol, then make your decision about whether or not the protocol might be fore you. BEFORE YOU BUY ANYTHING, please read the post about hcg dosing options. There is a change being made in many of the what is considered homeopathic hcg that you need to be aware of. PLUS, you do not want to squander your money on a product that will not be effective.

To conclude this post I want to let you know of my progress with this protocol. I have completed 2 rounds and have gone from 222 to 160. My husband, two teens, and my parents are all doing the protocol at various stages. I just began my third and what I hope to be my final round of hcg. I hope you will enjoy reading more about this protocol and our families progress along the way.

4 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Can you please share the site for Pounds & Inches and where you bought the product. I am enjoying your blog every much. THANKS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley...which other yahoo list did you recommend? The link is missing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ice Pony Girl so sorry to not have responded sooner! My FAVORITE hcg yahoo group is hcg2, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hcg2. The moderator of the group is fabulous with support and education on real food/real life matters that effect our health. I believe she has a link to the P & I Manuscript in her files section. I purchased my Rx hcg from alldaychemist.com and my homeopathic from one of these two places:This is what we used: http://www.easyhealthzone.com/h-c-g-plus-d140-homeopathic-2oz-p/hcg002.htm?click=71. ,or Here is another one that several of my friends have used and is very reasonably priced, buy the black labeled one: http://store-ebde3.mybigcommerce.com/original-brand-hcg-drops-1-2-oz-bottle/. If I can do anything else to help just pop out another message. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Shirley! It's Chanda. Just a quick update. I'm just about to start round 3...had a miserable round 2...couldn't stabilize to save my soul. Gained regardless of what I ate. Never really did add anything sugary/starchy back in. Boooo! Did too many CD's to count..ugh! Hoping round 3 goes better.

    I gave my friend Shonda (pronounced the same, spelled differently) your site address so she could do some reading. I knew she could get some reliable info here. Just thought I'd let you know in case you get a comment from her and think it's me. :)

    ~Chanda

    ReplyDelete