Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Round 3 VLCD 16/13

Yesterday was a crazy busy day here. I made 6 pounds of butter and had to do a great many things here on the farm. I'm enjoying my break from the scale.... sort of! :-) It is AMAZING how we get to the point where we look forward so much to seeing that daily drop on the scale. This is good for me to not see exactly what is going on daily and I know that, but in a way it drives me nutzo! I know my bulges are decreasing when I wear various tops and pants. It feels good... and I'll look forward to seeing what the scale says on Monday Morning! :-)

Yesterday was also kind of a sad day too. My son took his last dose in the morning, day 15 VLCD for him. Why? He simply will not stick with the protocol. In my limited understanding of how this protocol works, he is not resetting the hypothalamus because of his daily cheating. When on the protocol the hypothalamus rests from having to do its job. This allows it to heal so that in the future it can mobilize fat appropriately. My son has cheated every day on any or all of the following: peanut butter, cookies, extra melba, bites of this or that, extra fatty meat, etc. We believe it is absolutely pointless for him to continue the VLCD at this time. So for today and tomorrow he completes his 72 hours VLCD/no hcg. Then he'll transition into phase 3 for 3 weeks. Then phase 4. I do not expect him to stick with the no sugar/no starch rule since he has not followed protocol up to this point. BUT he will have to see that choices have their consequences. I expect he will gain back all that he has lost plus more which will cause his fall football season to be a struggle. He has to learn and he has to decide what kind of health and energy he wants. So he lost a total of 10 pounds this round all of which he gained loading. He is still 5.2 heavier than his lowest weight with hcg. His BMI is 28.3 leaving him in the high overweight category. Obesity starts at 30 BMI. Thanks to each of you who have showed support, concern and have prayed for him.

Here are the weights for today and yesterday:
Shirley - Not weighing until Jan 16
Teen Daughter day 15: -1.6 Total R3 loss: 10.6 Total hcg loss -28.6
day 16: -.4 Total R3 loss: -11 Total hcg loss: -29
Hubby day 12 - .8 Total R3 loss: -14.2 Total hcg loss: -31.2
day 13: -1.6 Total R3 loss: -15.8 Total hcg loss: -32.8

No comments:

Post a Comment