Friday, January 13, 2012

Round 3 VLCD 19/16

We FINALLY have snow on the ground!! My children are so excited! :-) I'm happy for them and thankful that I have a "MUD" room for the soggy muddy play clothes that will be entering this house. ;-)

Well... I finally gave in. TOM is about done and I'm feeling more human so I decided to weigh this morning. I was not expecting big changes but was excited to see that I'm down below my round 2 LDW by a titch. I stabilized at 160 but my "official" LDW was 155.4. Today I was 155.2. YEAH! New loss territory and goal weight here I come!

I'm in the very middle of Harmony Clearwater Grace's book: The HCG Diet Book of Secrets. Much of the information is not "new" to me thus far, as the author and I have similar view points on real food and fat. However I just finished the portion she wrote on insulin resistance... I need to read it again so that i can fully absorb it all. She discusses underlying health factors that can contribute to the lack of ability to stabilize. If you have a kindle app... get this book! I think it is just $10 from amazon for kindle. You will not be sorry that you did, especially if you are NEW to hcg and want to stabilize well long term. If you have struggled to maintain in previous rounds, there is much to be considered and this book might help you to diagnose what is going on so that you can have future success with stabilization. I'll probably finish it today and do a blog post summarizing my thoughts on her writings.

Today's weights:
Shirley: -3.4 Total R3 loss: 17.4 Total hcg loss: 66.6
Teen Daughter: -.4 (only weighs 1.8 less than mom.. I'm going to catch up soon!) Total R3 loss: 11.6, Total hcg loss: 29.6
Hubby: -1 Total R3 loss: -18.6 Total hcg loss: 35.6

Hubby found out yesterday that he has to travel at the end of this month into the beginning of February. So he has 2 more weeks until his last dose. It is much easier to travel on phase 3 than on phase 2. He will be on day 30 when he has his last dose. If he is comfortable with where he is at that point he will just transition into phase 3. If he still wants to lose more he will do a Planned Interruption that will last about 10-12 days then go back to the VLCD to reach his goal weight. Men tend to lose faster than women and if he continues to lose at his current rate he will be pretty close to his goal. :-)

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I just downloaded Harmony's book too, I'm so excited to read through it! I think your husband is wise to be in P3 for traveling, that is much less dicey than trying to eat on the road with no fat or illegal foods!

    I hope he reaches his goal in time, that would be excellent. Your losses are great and I'm rooting for all of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley, I love that you show how a very busy mom of 6 can be successful on this protocol. Your blog rocks!

    ReplyDelete