Monday, January 16, 2012

Round 3 VLCD 22/19

Yesterday was a CRAZY day here on the farm. We woke to discover that some relay in our milk system that tells the machine to wash wasn't working... AHHHHHH! 11 cows to milk and no way to do it! Hubby and the two teens had to stay home until we heard from our land lord and the repair people and learned of a way to manually make it clean... for now. The girls had to hold their milk until 11:30, we usually milk between 8 & 9. Hopefully that episode won't cause any of them to get sick with mastitis.

Yesterday we all gained too which was no surprise with the pig butchering from the day before. We tried to wear gloves for most of the process but we did end up coming in contact with pork fat throughout the day. I still didn't lose much today, but.... I don't remember the last time I had a BM. Took some magnesium last night so I expect to see a better number on the scale tomorrow. :-)

Hubby is excited that he is right on track to reach his goal by Jan 27, which will be his last dose day. Teen Daughter and I are having fun with our race to 135.. she lost today and I didn't (well -.2) which made her REALLY happy... since she is having her last dose on Tuesday for her planned interruption this weekend. I sweetly reminded her that I will still be losing while she is interrupting... .which will encourage her to be good at the youth over-nighter and not pig out on foods that will make her gain. :-)

I was so excited yesterday to pull out a fitted wool lined skirt that I bought in October and have never been able to zip up all the way. BUT I loved the skirt and it was only $2 at St. Vincent. I've been trying it on every Sunday morning to see if I could zip it. It is not a stretchy skirt, fitted and lined so no give in it.. it either zips or it doesn't. AND I wore it to church Sunday Morning!!! That means my inches are going down in my waist, hips and butt! Wahoo!!! My mom also had a similar experience this Sunday. She and dad are also on phase 2 of the protocol. She wore the dress she wore at my wedding in May of 1995 to church this morning for the first time in over a decade! So proud of her!! She is a very picky eater and has been doing fabulous on the protocol! :-)

Another mini victory for me is that I'm noticing my thighs shrinking this round. I was standing the other day with my feet barely shoulder length apart and noticed that my thighs were NOT touching.... WAHOO!!! They still need to shrink more, but these little victories mean a LOT to those of us who have been obese for YEARS!

Here are today's stats:
Shirley: -.2 Total R3 loss: -18.4 Total NEW loss: -1.2 Total hcg loss: -67.6
Teen Daughter: -1 Total R3 loss: -12.4 Total hcg loss: -30.4
Hubby: -1.4 Total R2 loss: -20.8 Total NEW loss: -2.4 Total hcg loss: -37.8

Teen son is still staying within the acceptable -/+2 of his LDW in phase 3.

Have a GREAT day!!! If you have a mini victory to share about your phase 2 losses please post it! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Medication? What medications are known to be really problematic with the hcg protocol? Thanks! Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unless you are doing the protocol under the supervision of your Dr. you need to continue your medications. If you are talking about over the counter medicine, like for the common cold, avoid all that have sugar, starch & oils, same rules for supplements.

      Delete