Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Round 3 VLCD 24/21

The Reese house has the flu bug... in FULL force. One of the littles came home from school on Monday complaining of a belly ache which led to vomiting and diarrhea by the evening. He stayed home from school yesterday. Last night one of the middles started to throw up much to his dismay b/c he was supposed to go tubing today with his class at school. All last night hubby and I could hear what we THOUGHT was the middle running to the bathroom all night. However, when he went up to wake the children for school he learned that all of them, all 5 who who didn't have it Monday night DID have it last night. So today we have a house full of sick children. I'm letting them rest through the day then will attack the laundry and germs latter this afternoon. Hubby isn't feeling the best either... hope he can hang in there long enough to help me milk the cows this morning. :-(

A friend asked me what the NEW loss stands for on our daily log. NEW loss means completely new pounds lost doing hcg. We had each gained in December with the holidays and loading, so much of what we have lost already was weight lost on our previous hcg round. NEW loss = weight that is completely new territory for us. For me... I stabilized about 5 pounds above my LDW, from round 2, but am still only counting my NEW loss as pounds below the official LDW not where I stabilized. Hope that is clear as mud for you all now! :-)

For me personally every ounce lost is the lowest I've ever been in my adult life! In 9th grade I hit 155 and stayed there through my freshman year of college. So all this NEW weight is completely new territory for my adult body.

Today's weights:
Shirley: -.8 Total R3 loss: -20.6 Total NEW loss: -3.4 Total hcg loss: 69.8
Hubby: -2.6 Total R2 loss: 22.6 Total NEW loss: -4.2 Total hcg loss: 39.6
I realized just now that I think I've been marking hubby as "Total R3 loss:" BUT this is only his second round... sorry about that! So in 2 rounds he is up to almost 40 pounds loss. :-)

Have a great day all... hope your household is healthier than ours! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, the flu is awful with littles! They are so miserable :(. I hope everyone heals quickly and it doesn't spread any further.

    You and your husband's losses look great! Congratulations on the new territory!

    ReplyDelete