Thursday, January 26, 2012

Round 3 VLCD 32/29

First I must appologize to those who have asked questions in the comments sections under various posts. For some reason "blogger" is not allowing me to respond to these questions. So I'm going to try to do so here really quickly, at least the ones I remember:

1. The one who asked about stevia in the sparkling water. Our family loves the sweetleaf stevia.. so we may use more than you like. In 2 cups we use about 12-16 drops, usually it is more than one flavor. Rootbeer & Vanilla cream (equal amounts of each), Vanilla Cream and Valencia Orange (equal amounts of each), Chocolate and Vanilla Cream (equal amounts of each), Rootbeer, Vanilla cream (cream soda), etc. Start low and work your way up. Just gently stir your soda after adding 4-6 drops then add more to taste.

2. Someone posted that they saw some foods that cause concern on my phase 3 list of foods. Cheese, nuts, and dairy can cause issues for some people. That is why I recommend that folks start with no more than 1 ounce of cheese a day. Same with the nuts, 1 oz a day for starters to see how your body responds. Milk.... I never recommend Milk during phase 3 unless it has been kefired at home to reduce/remove the sugar content (store bought kefir has added sugar so is a NO NO). I do recommend lots of heavy whipping cream or raw cream if you are lucky enough to have a source in your area.

3. Mustard. I use prepared mustard and have found many brands that do not list sugar in the ingredient list. Just read the bottles and you will find many options. I usually opt for he cheap no name store brands if they are sugar free.

Ok..... now that the legistics are done.... on for todays MAJOR highlights!!

Hubby.... REACHED GOAL! Today he weighed in at 184.8, his goal was 185. He is also noticing a LOT of hunger. I think both he and the hcg agree that his normal fat is GONE. He still wishes to tone up, which he will do starting in phase 3 or 4. I'm so proud of him and am so thankful that he has supported me through our hcg journey. Since he is experiencing hunger.... lots he will do what the protocol says to do when all abnormal fat has been consumed and increase his calories to 800-1000 during his VLCD no hcg transition days. He will do this by eating more of the allowed hcg foods like an extra serving of protein and an extra fruit for breakfast each day. He is very excited to dive into our home made smoked bacon and breakfast sausage Sunday morning which will be his first Phase 3 day. :-)

I reached a new decade on the scale. The 140's. I have not been in the 140's since I was in 8th grade. I was so excited to see the number 148.4 on my scale this morning. My BMI is and has been for a few pounds now... in the NORMAL range... I have NEVER been in the normal range, well at least not since 9th grade. It feels good to be "normal" for the first time ever!! :-)

Teen Daughter is now into NEW loss territory. She has lost all the weight she gained over the holidays and her load weight so now onward and forward to goal weight! She is still ahead of me by .4 on the scale.... it is a race to 135! :-)

Today's weights:
Shirley VLCD 32: 148.4 -1.8 Total R3 loss: -24.2 Total NEW loss: -7 Total hcg loss: 73.4
Hubby Last dose weight day 29VLCD: 184.8: - 1.8 Total R2 loss: 28.2 Total NEW loss: 9.8 Total Hcg loss in just 65 VLCD dieting days: 45.2 pounds AMAZING!!! By the way... I love telling people that I have lost 73 pounds in just 125 dieting days... their comment is always... THAT IS NOT POSSIBLE!!! I then explain that I didn't diet 125 days straight but the protocol works in about 40 day increments with lots of time to maintain in between. It usually peaks their interest then they ask for more details. :-) Ok... back to stats:
Teen Daughter VLCD 29: 148 -.6 Total R3 loss: -.4 Total hcg loss: -35.8

Hope you are all having a GREAT day in whichever phase you are in!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for answering the questions in your post. I've been watching for your answer! : )

    I'd love to know how to join the yahoo group you sometimes mention, when you have the time. I am SO looking forward to Phase 3, and trying out your latest recipes!

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Shirley,

    Awesome blogging.
    Thanks for sharing!

    Glad I found your blog.

    Wanted to say hi, too.

    Love, SouthernMommyMichelle
    R3P2VLCD23

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome SMMichelle! I'm so glad you are here too!! :-) Hope your round is going well.. I get a sense from your last post on the yahoo group that you are struggling a bit... hand in there.. and be wise with your body! Transition out of phase 2 when you NEED to above possibly when you WANT to!! :-) Hope you find the posts fun, encouraging, and usable!

      Delete
  3. My favorite hcg yahoo group is hcg2. The owner of the group has a passion for educating people on real food, real life matters that effect our health and stabilization. The atmosphere of the group is also fabulous and supportive. Here is the link.. you may have to copy and paste it into your browser: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hcg2. The other yahoo group that is very protocol strict and has a great copy of Pounds & Inches in the files along with a chart of the phase 2 foods with calorie amounts per ounce is this one: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/HcgDieters, when you get into the group and are looking at the main page on the left you will see a list of things.. messages, photos, files... etc. Click on files and you'll see what is available. Please do be wise, anyone can post anything there and I'm afraid there is info in the files that is not accurate nor is it protocol compliant. On hcg2 you will find a lot of awesome info in the files section too.

    ReplyDelete