Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Round 3 VLCD 30/27

HOORAY! My SEVEN day stall has FINALLY broke! The scale moved away from 152 ish. I'm so thankful. I had it in my head that I was gonna be stuck there for maybe another week. In Pounds & Inches Dr. Simeons explains that when we hit a previous set point with weight sometimes we can stall for up to 14 days. He also explains that the common cold can cause a stall. I have had both going on. I have not weighed less than 155 for years.... like since Jr. High. I hit 155 in 9th grade. So every ounce below that is very new to my body and I expect these last 15 pounds to take a while to go away. I was very encouraged this morning to see 150.8 on the scale! It is possible that I'll bounce around here at the 150 ish point for a few days then see it go down again. That can be a typical pattern when close to goal weight.

Another highlight for me is that I am no longer overweight. My BMI is now in the "normal" range for my height. THAT is very EXCITING. PLUS, I have reached a grand total of 71 pounds lost since April 25th. I had lost 13 pounds in the 2 months prior to doing hcg so my total pounds lost since Feb 14 is............84 POUNDS! I'm completely shocked and VERY thankful that the Lord allowed me to stumble upon that hcg article by Dr. Mercola in April! I was just looking at my measurements and realized I've lost 10 inches in my waist, 6 inches on each thigh, and lots of inches in other places too.... but those two really stood out to me as GREAT accomplishments. I've gone from a size 20 in pants to a size 8 classic fit and 10 skinny jeans both of which are loose now. I'm started to settle into this new size and realize that I'm here to stay. On days I feel bloated I get so nervous to look in the mirror because I'm afraid I'm going to see my 220 pound self in the mirror. I was talking with myself the other day and realized that.. it isn't going to happen! The positive changes that we have made in our diet are going to allow me to maintain my weight loss with ease. I absolutely LOVE weighing 35 pounds less than my husband... instead of 5-10 pounds less, and there have been times in our 16 year marriage that we weighed the SAME.... SHRIEK!. By the time I reach goal I'll be almost 50 pounds less than him! Ok.... enough excited babbling... hope you've enjoyed seeing my silly thought patterns about accepting the new me. :-)

Today's weights:
Shirley VLCD 30: -1.6 Total R3 loss: -21.8 Total NEW loss: -4.6 Total hcg loss: -71
Teen Daughter VLCD 27: -.4 Total R3 loss: -16.8 Total hcg loss -34.8
Hubby VLCD 27: -2.2 Total R2 loss: -26.4 Total NEW loss: -8 Total hcg loss: -43.4
Hubby is only 1.6 away from his goal weight! He is still averaging .97 loss a DAY! MEN!!! :-)

Have a great day all!

2 comments:

  1. I am certainly happy for you and hear the excitiment and joy in your blog. You are truly an inspriation and a model of how great hcg is as a weight loss tool. I, too, look forward to the day when I can write about the excitement of reaching those goals. Thanks so much for sharing :) Georgette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Excellent that the stall broke, and 84 pounds is awesome! Isn't it a great feeling to be so much smaller than your husband? I have really enjoyed that, too, especially when at one point I weighed about thirty pounds more than him and he is a foot taller :(

    ReplyDelete